Tuesday, May 25, 2010

hogle zoo






















Ella's preschool class took a field trip to Hogle Zoo the last week of school. Lynn and I both tagged along. The weather was a bit chilly, but we had a good time.















(left to right) Olivia, Sam, Ella (totally posing), Peyton, Abby, Addie, Ella B., David, Hunter and Colton. Way cute kids.






















Sam, Ella and Peyton.






















I love these sweet little shots.






















The elephant show was interesting. There were signs everywhere announcing the new baby girl elephant.






















The kids thought it was pretty cool too.






















Ella and David stuck pretty close the entire adventure. They'd check out the map and head for the next exhibit.






















This was my favorite little guy.






















Ella said her favorite animal was the giraffe. And the little monkeys in the "stinky" place.






















I'm loving that Ella's finally willing to sit, smile and let me take her photo (at least more often).






















Checking out the map again. Ella carried it around with her for a couple of days after the trip. I have this exact same photo of her at Disneyland last year. She was pointing to the princess greeting area though. She knew exactly where it was.






















The children all rode the carousel. We waited until after lunch to ride the train. Unfortunately it started to rain, which apparently stops the train right on the tracks. We ended up not being able to ride. All the way home, Ella kept saying, "I'm so disappointed we couldn't ride the train, I'm so disappointed." We still have our tickets, so we'll try again another time.

On the way home, I asked Ella what her favorite part of the field trip was. I don't know why I was surprised when she said, "When Miss Ginny (her teacher) gave me a pink sucker!"

No comments:

Post a Comment