Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam...






















Ella graduated from the church nursery to the 3-year-old Sunbeams class in Primary today. I can't believe how quickly she's growing! She was a little nervous, but also excited (or maybe that was me). She asked me last night to tell me about her teachers. I didn't know who they were, but assured her they would be very nice. I was excited when we walked into Primary to see Kara and Randy Thompson sitting with the other Sunbeams. They live right across the street from us and were also her nursery leaders this past year. She walked right up and sat with the other kids.

After church I asked Ella how she liked Primary. She said, "The talking was kind of long and they only sang 'I am a Child of God.'" They do have to sit much longer and listen to talks and a lesson, so it'll be an adjustment. I'm sure her reference to only singing one song was that it was the only one she knew. (She loved singing time in nursery and knew all the songs.) Ella loves music and when she isn't talking, she's singing. There's no downtime for this girl. And she can pick up the words to songs so quickly!

When Ella was much younger, we were in the car and she kept asking me to put "You Raisin Nuts" in the CD player. I couldn't figure out what she was saying and she was becoming more frustrated by the minute. Finally she started singing it to me and I laughed out loud when I recognized Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up."

2 comments:

  1. Your blog came at a perfect time! My goal and word for the year is Simplify! I am excited that you are sharing organization tips and ideas on simplifying life!!! loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Josh Groban bit. Reminds me of the time we were talking about Pachabel and Jessica said, "I like Taco Bell! Kids are just too cute. Gotta love them. I'm so looking forward to reading your blog to "raise me up."

    ReplyDelete