Saturday, January 2, 2010

storing baubles

I love filling containers and bowls with bright Christmas baubles like this...


and this...


Lynn kept wondering why I was saving all the egg cartons. I was tired of trying to get all those little balls back in the boxes. It's time-consuming and frustrating. So here's my simple solution:



Works likes a charm and my husband thinks I'm a genious. I labeled the cartons with the contents and they're headed to the storage room. I even dropped a stack when I was putting them away and nothing broke!

I purchased the crystals at Pottery Barn last year. Didn't see them in the catalog this year though or I would have picked up a couple more boxes. The mini balls are from Target. I purchased a lot last year after Christmas for half-off. Nothing beats a great deal.

Side note: Notice the egg cartons. These Oakdell eggs from Costco are the best tasting eggs. And they have all the Omega-3 good stuff in them. They're the only ones I buy. They are brown so little ones are always telling me their eggs are white. They come in cartons of 18.

2 comments:

  1. Kim, I LOVE your blog. Now you just have to keep it up. I'll be checking it everyday during my lunch. I love all your posts and pictures. Keep it up! Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea you have a blog. I love it. Can't wait for great ideas. You should check out mine. therockstarruffners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete