Saturday, December 3, 2011

a little Christmas inspiration

I was flat on my back with the stomach flu yesterday. Between all the nastiness, I looked through my Pinterest holiday board for a little inspiration. I thought I'd share some of my favorites.


I started collecting toddler size socks a few years ago when I saw this advent calendar from Martha Stewart. I'm going to use it as a garland.




The title for this post at White on Rice Couple reads: Chocolate Marshmallow Peppermint Pops--Holiday Happiness on a Stick. I know that would be true for my oldest son, Patrick. Might have to make him a few (or a dozen) for his hot cocoa obsession. The photos for this tutorial are beautiful--go check them out.


Wool felt balls + garland = delightful. It may take me awhile to collect all the balls (they're a bit pricey), but I'm going to make one--or ten--of these. I was at Pebbles in my Pocket the other day. They carry them in individual colors (yes!). There's a special tool you need to string them. Or you can make them with this great tutorial from Whipperberry.


I love this ruffle garland from A Field Journal. I have something similar in the works for my red and white tree.


This holiday punch--apple juice, cranberry juice, ginger ale and ice (sans the vodka, please)--sounds wonderful. It was made for a July 4th celebration, but I may try it for our family Christmas dinner.


Gingerbread heads from Bakerella. These make me happy just looking at them. I'd buy a dozen for my girlies in a second.


So simple for my holiday table. (Click on photo for link.)


A simple holiday place setting from BH&G--my favorite mag.


An all white dessert table at Chickabug--so beautiful. Go check out the rest of the table.


These knitted ornaments on Etsy are too sweet. I want a few of the cupcakes for Ella's tree, the snowman for mine and a whole collection of those acorns for my fall decor. I don't knit, but Ella's Grandma Connie does. Next Christmas, maybe? The pattern is here .

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pinterest inspiration! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete