Tuesday, January 26, 2010

bringin' on spring

Only five more weeks of winter and it'll be my favorite time of year--spring! Fall is a close second. I made our favorite salad for dinner tonight, hoping it might hurry things along or at least feel a bit more spring-y. It's loaded with yummy stuff.


CRANBERRY PEAR SALAD

1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
1 pear or can of pears, cubed
1 apple, cubed
1/2 cup craisins
1 cup shredded swiss cheese or crumbled bleu cheese
1 cup pecans, chopped (I toast them)

Layer ingredients in order given. *I've also added chicken or turkey chunks to this salad.

POPPY SEED DRESSING

1 cup olive oil
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar or 1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1 T. poppy seeds
1 tsp. salt

Mix ingredients in a jar and shake. *This makes quite a bit of dressing, so I usually cut the recipe in half.

1 comment:

  1. Stepping into https://www.nysapphire.com/ felt like stepping into a world where elegance met excitement in perfect harmony. The staff welcomed me with warmth and professionalism, making me feel like a valued guest from the moment I arrived. The atmosphere exuded a sense of grandeur, with luxurious furnishings and sophisticated decor that set the stage for an unforgettable evening. And as for the entertainment, it was nothing short of exceptional. The performers showcased their extraordinary talents with grace and poise, delivering a show that was both captivating and exhilarating. It was an experience that exceeded all expectations and left me longing for more.

    ReplyDelete