I love, love, love everything about Valentine's Day--the colors pink & red together, chocolate, ribbon, flowers, chocolate, smooches, and having the opportunity to let my awesome hubs and family know how much I love and adore them. And chocolate. :)
This year, I really wanted to put together something sweet and simple for my daughter Kate, daughters-in-law Ashlee, Daniela, and Tayler, and a couple of my favorite girlfriends.
I gathered all things red, pink, girly, and Valentine-y.
- Altoids for fresh breath
- grapefruit lip balm for kissable lips
- sparkly glitter for crafting
- mini candy/cupcake wrappers for gifting
- a chocolate truffle for
- yummy polka dot and grosgrain ribbon for giving and wrapping and everything pretty
I arranged the items in little glossy, white boxes.
(Try to let a little of each item peek out when you arrange them--far more delightful when the package is opened. :))
I cut 3-4 layers of tissue paper to fit the box and used my pinking sheers to trim the edge. I love little details like that.
A girl can never have too much ribbon--grosgrain and sheers, polka dots and solids--love them all.
How about a hot pink animal print? Ella's favorite by far. That one's going to my daughter, Kate, because she's kind of a wild one and quite sassy (wink, wink!).
Choose your favorite, and tie up the box with a pretty little bow. So simple and sweet.
Here's a list of my supplies:
- All the ribbon I used is from Paper Mart. I've been ordering from them for years. They have the best prices I've found (you'll be amazed), and it's good quality stuff.
- My 4 x 4 x 2 high gloss tuck top boxes are also from Paper Mart. They come in a quantity of 100 in a million different sizes, but this size will be perfect for so many things. I wanted one that would hold a treat or little something, along with a gift card. They come out to be only .14 each. If you don't think you'll ever use that many, go in with a friend. I also ordered some red high glass tuck top boxes in a slightly different size. Can't wait to use them too. I'll share when I do. :)
- The tubes of sparkly iridescent glitter are here. It comes in 12 different colors for .99 each.
- The mini candy/cupcake liners are from Wilton. (Found them at Walmart.)
- Burt's Bees grapefruit lip balm, Altoids, and Lindt truffles are from Target.
*The shipping charges at Paper Mart are great for ribbon and smaller items, but be warned, when you start adding the boxes, the shipping goes up substantially. I would suggest you place one big order for yourself, or order with a group of friends. They always ship super fast. I placed my order Thursday night and it arrived Saturday afternoon. Love that!
Go check it out. Give yourself plenty of time, there's a lot of fun stuff on the site.
1 1/2" x 25 yds. shimmer sheer organza (white and hot pink)
1 1/2" x 10 yds. pink party dot grosgrain (this is a bright pink)
Sharing this post at:
The 36th Ave.
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating