Wednesday, November 10, 2010

vintage hip

I woke up at about 2 a.m. this morning and checked on Ella to make sure she was covered up. I could tell she was dreaming because she was shaking her head up and down as if saying "yes." I was hoping it was a happy dream. This morning when she woke up, she ran out to me and yelled, "Mom, I had a dream last night and it was a good one! It was Christmas and I got lots and lots of presents!"

I'm sure you've also notice the Christmas departments in many stores were set up even before Halloween this year. I know it bothers some people, but personally I'd rather have more time to do my shopping--maybe even relax a little. :)

I've been thinking about some fun traditions to share about Christmas in our family both past and present. I'm getting a little list compiled.

Here's a little something I ran into in the last little while over at Urban Comfort.




Loved these hangers. The paper and buttons were part of a line called Vintage Hip I designed for Making Memories years ago. Some of the patterns were actual vintage fabrics I purchased on an inspiration trip to NYC. It was my first "line" so I learned a lot and would have done some things a little different, of course. I did on the programs and lines that followed. That was an awesome job. I'll admit, I still love seeing scrapbook pages and projects that use product I designed or seeing product I developed on store shelves. I can't believe it's still around. Kinda fun.

3 comments:

  1. I have a stack of this paper and LOVE it!!! I've been saving it for a couple of years to use in an album for my trip to Amish country (hoping the album gets done SOME day!)... I love the colors and have been hoarding this paper!! (wish it came in digital too so I could use it on even more projects... haha!).

    Love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My trip to Amish country was one of my favorite trips EVER! Love it, love it, love it! I really want to go again. And I really want to see your album when it gets done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By attending this beauty school, you will gain valuable skills and knowledge that will allow you to transform any space into a peaceful retreat. So why not take a step towards a more relaxed lifestyle and sign up for classes at a beautician school.

    ReplyDelete