Thursday, September 23, 2010

three things thursday

My favorite holiday to decorate for is Halloween. Not the scary, icky, eerie Halloween, but the smiley jack-o-lanterns and fall colors Halloween. Lynn and the kids still love holiday decorations.

I've found some great deals lately. Things I've been looking for for awhile. Wanna see?


I love this porch. The lanterns, the urns, the bright orange pumpkins and the fall leaves. I love the door too.

This is a page from last year's PB catalog. (I've kept it in my "holiday" file.) I love their style and products, but they can be quite expensive. I do splurge sometimes, but then I love to mix my great deals in with the pricier stuff.



GREAT DEAL NO. 1


Their small lantern: $29.99. Mine: $6.99 at TJ Maxx. Score. And it'll carry over to Halloween nicely. I've had the hook in my planter bed all summer looking for the right lantern to hang from it. And Lynn has mentioned about three times how much he likes it. (I think it needs a bigger candle.)

GREAT DEAL NO. 2


These little babies are pricey! This one is actually quite small. I think I'll use it on my fireplace mantle and put a pie pumpkin on top. Their price for large ones: $60-100. My price: $5.00 at The Finer Consigner in Pleasant Grove--more love.

GREAT DEAL NO. 3


These have been on my wish list for a very long time. I've seen them around in very lightweight glass, but these are nice and thick. Their price: $39, $49 and $59. My price: $3.99, $4.99, and $5.99 at TJ Maxx again. Major score! I want to use them for a centerpiece for the fall and Christmas and fill them with fillers and candles, like this:

1 comment:

  1. I love decorating for fall too! The colors are so comforting! I love the porch, no way I could pull it off on student housing though, too many crazy kids!

    ReplyDelete