Monday, November 7, 2011

fall field trip 2011

It snowed just a little today. Ella and I talked about the seasons. I told her I think fall is my favorite. She likes summer best because she gets to visit Grandma and Grandpa.

A couple of weeks ago the kindergarten class went on their fall field trip. Ella was a little anxious, but so excited.

E with friends, David and Ella B.


Her lunch was planned a week in advance. We packed her favorite things (a ham and cheese Lunchables with an Oreo, apple slices and juice), because it was a very special occasion.


Even more exciting than packing a special lunch, was riding the school bus. Finally! For a year before Ella started kindergarten, she would tell me how much she was looking forward to riding the bus to school. (We live one block away.) As thrilled as she was, Ella told me she cried when she first got on the bus, just a little, so no one could see. (Then I cried just a little, because it made me sad.) But then she forgot how scared she was and it was okay. :)



At the park in the canyon, each student received a paper bag with a list of items to collect. Being in the canyon + collecting = one happy little girl. Ella is an expert collector--mini princesses, rocks, Happy Meal toys, rocks, ponies, rocks, pennies from the Meadow Fairies (more on that later), rocks.



The "egg-corns" were Ella's favorite thing.

What a great collection, and what a fun activity. I'm thinking we should do this when we go to the canyon or the cabin.


Elles couldn't wait to show me each of her special treasures. She asked me to take a picture of them and then another when they were sorted. :)

Happy fall.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the pictures. I am glad you could go on the field trip. David was so excited too.

    ReplyDelete