Sunday, December 12, 2010

a craft for the little girls

We’re loving our activities advent calendar. The girls finally pulled the “do a craft with Mom/Grandma” card from one of the pockets.


 I saw these darling candy cane reindeer ornaments in my Scrapbooks Etc. magazine last month. The instructions can be found here. I purchased the plastic candy canes at Pier 1 Imports.



reindeercraft2_web

This crafting is serious stuff. Ella is so intense in all the photos I took of her. She really did have fun and this project kept her busy for a couple of hours. :)

reindeercraft3_web
reindeercraft1_web

Of course we had to have some pink ribbon for our reindeer. Ella did a few just like the directions, then decided to let her own creativity take over. She added lots of pom poms to one and a ribbon shirt to another—so much like her Momma, can’t ever just follow the directions.

reindeercraft4_web
reindeercraft6_web

“Show Grandma your reindeer, Madi.” She’s a good multi-tasker.
Kate helped Madi make her reindeer. She carried it around with her all day and even slept with it. We lost it for a few minutes and came close to a complete meltdown.
I picked up a few different craft kits at Pebbles yesterday. I need to be prepared for the next “crafting” advent card.

9 comments:

  1. So cute. I bet my daughter will love making these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable- I am pinning this. Found you via a link on Tater Tots and Jello.
    :) crafty texas girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to let you know that I have featured your project on Fun Family Crafts! You can see it here
    http://funfamilycrafts.com/candy-cane-reindeer/

    If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them :) If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!! I love this project. I wanted to invite you to link up at TGIF Kid-oriented Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
    Merry Christmas,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Under the first photo it says, "the instructions can be found here." Click on the word "here" and it will take you to the Scrapbooks, Etc. site.

      Delete
  6. Could you use real candy canes? or is there a reason to use plastic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real candy canes won't last as long for an ornament, but if you were going to make them as a "treat", I'm sure real would work fine.

      Delete
  7. Hi, Kim:

    What a cute idea! I am a blogger for Marygrove College’s Master in the Art of teaching program. We’re putting together a new free resource for teachers—one to give them a few arts and craft ideas for the holiday season—and we were wondering if you’d mind us featuring your craft idea in it.

    I think teachers (and students) would love this.

    We would, of course, site your blog and link back to it.

    Have a great weekend. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete